The endless bends of the Stelvio and Gavia Passes, the breath-taking slopes of the Mortirolo Pass and the undisputed charm of the Bernina Pass down to St. Moritz (CH) are the legendary roads of world bicycle racing.
Nowadays they continue to be climbed with pride, respect and fear by thousands of cyclists from every part of the world and by the Giro d’Italia caravan, which often chooses one of these wonderful climbs at the foot of this “Magnifica Terra” (Magnificent Land).
But if the climb scares you, no problem! In Bormio, but this time riding a mountain bike, you can still have great fun cycling downhill! Climb to Bormio 3000 by cableway and then cycle down to the village on the same runs where in winter athletes of the white circuit vie with each other on skis at more than 130 km/h. That is about 2,000 m vertical drop of pure adrenaline, which once again only and exclusively Bormio can offer.
Something quieter, more suited to the lazier ones or families or children?
You can choose from the numerous cycle paths on flat terrain at the bottom of the valley immersed in uncontaminated nature. There are more than 35 routes and 40,000 m vertical drop between the 1,119 km of winding roads that meander through the gorgeous valleys between the Stelvio National Park and the Swiss National Park, all entirely marked using GPS system. (www.bike-gps.com).
The innate passion for sport of our family and the awareness to live in an outstanding territory, particularly suited to bikers, were the key elements for our deciding to join the “Bike Hotel Project Alta Rezia” (www.alta-rezia.com) with the view to promote cyclo-tourism in Alta Valtellina. Beyond the technical requisites that allow us to be the proud recipients of this prestigious label, for our family and for our collaborators, it mostly means to devote special attention to bikers and share with them the best of homely atmosphere.
To our biker friends we guarantee:
- Secure free bike storage
- Wash area with pressure washer
- Sports garments free laundry service
- Sports garments drying room
- Free access to “The Flower” Wellness centre inside the Hotel
- Special discounts on our new generation mountain bike and TANDEM mountain bike rental service
- Special admittance conditions to Bagni Bormio Spa Resort and Bormio Thermal Baths
- Special conditions for sport massages in our wellness centre
- Special rates for qualified bicycle servicing at a centre near our Hotel
- Special hearty breakfast buffet
- Free use of local and intercity bus service (Bormio – Livigno – Santa Caterina Valfurva and Tirano)